PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLOSURE
County Federal Credit Union, your member-owned financial institution, is committed to
providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial
needs and help you reach your goals. We are equally committed to protecting the
privacy of our members.
Under federal law, we are required to give you this privacy notice. It
personal information we collect and disclose about our members. It also includes
information about the parties who receive personal and sometimes nonpublic
information from us as we conduct the business of the credit union.
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
Or write to:
Fairfield County FCU
242 Hope Street
Stamford, CT 06906
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as
permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following
types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies and mortgage service companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers and plastic card processors
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Service To Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose
all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform
other services on our behalf so that we may provide members competitive products
and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you
under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically
include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the
operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize or
protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to
maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we
provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide
other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Fairfield County Federal Credit Union, we will
not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or
required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those
employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to
you. We maintain physical, electronic or procedural safeguards that comply with
federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
The privacy of young visitors to our online
youth pages is of great importance. Fairfield County Federal Credit Union
follows the following policies which conform to the Children's Online Privacy
Protection Act of 1998:
- Fairfield County Federal Credit Union may collect
information on domain names, dates, and times of visits to our youth pages.
This information will not include any personal identifiers, and will only be
used to record web site visits to help assess the overall value of the
- With the exception of the usage described above,
visitor information is NEVER sold, given or disclosed to
- Parental consent is non-applicable to the youth pages
of our site because no personal information is collected; however it is
recommended that you oversee your children when using our site.
Links To Third Party Web Sites
Fairfield County Federal Credit Union has provided links to Internet sites
maintained by third parties over which Fairfield County Federal Credit Union has
no control. If you follow a link to another web site from any of our web site
pages, you are leaving our site and we cannot be held responsible for any
information that may be gathered at a linked site. Some of the links may direct
you to websites that have our branding and logo on them because they have an
agreement with Fairfield County Federal Credit Union. Although we make efforts
to ensure that linked sites have proper privacy protections, this cannot be
guaranteed and the privacy and security policies may differ than those practiced
by the credit union. Fairfield County Federal Credit Union does not endorse and
is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy,
quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from
such sites. Fairfield County Federal Credit Union will not represent either the
third party or yourself if you enter into a transaction with a third party.
What Members Can Do to Help
Fairfield County Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its
Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card number, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords.
- Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your Accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security number, etc. to
other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the
credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!